Top 10 Signs That You Are In Love With Running
1. You run late at night – for the second day in a row – after day #2 on the ski slopes. And you will do the same tomorrow.
2. You feel self-conscious about apparently heel-striking from time to time.
3. You run everyday.
4. You dream about running down a rocky trail, weaving turns, making smart foot placements and letting the trail carry you up and over the next knoll. All while on a ski vacation.
5. You have an unknown number of pairs of running shoes strewn throughout every closet in your house.
6. Your feet… aren’t pretty. At all.
7. You’re reading this.
8. You look up to Jack Daniels, the coach, more than to the “other” Jack Daniels.
9. Fartleks, sisu and Gu are part of your daily vocabulary.
10. You run everyday.
Happy Valentine’s Day from Mammoth Mountain, California, USA!!
Got other tell-tale signs of being “in love” with running? Please add them in the comments section of this post.
hehe – I can especially relate to the vocab!
I love running because of how it keeps me active, how it helps clear my head and makes me feel good. If I am in a bad mood a run will usually fix me right up. I love running because it can be social and it can be competitive. I love running because you can visit a new city or town and going for a run is a great way to explore and see a new place.
You no longer care that your feet are ugly…
You look for someone to tell about your upcoming race, your most recent race, your first race, etc.
Have you seen this list: http://www.runningintheusa.com/More/YouMightBeARunner.aspx
I’d say your 2, 5 and 8 are true for me. Thanks for stopping by my blog to read about a lovely place where I raced this past weekend. It reminded me that I’m a road runner more than a trail runner, at least on single-track trails.
It sure is easy to get addicted to running – wind, pouring rain, hot sun, storms, whatever! Loved it! In our earlier days we used to run along side the Berlin Wall which was really thought-reflective. The birds could fly across the wall but the people couldn’t. Thanks for the memory.
What an amazing scene you paint! Running beside the Berlin Wall when it still separated East and West… I have been over to Berlin before. Had a wonderful run in Potsdam.
Enjoy your running and thanks for your comment! ~Patrick
Another sign you are in love with running: the only time your shoes are clean is when they come directly out of the package.
Haha….that was great! here’s another one for you…
When you are driving along as a passenger in a bus or car, you are looking along the side of the road to see if the route would make a viable running route 🙂
I have another also – “when you’re not running, you see other runners and wish you were running too.” I call it Runner Envy.